The ATEX RFID reader range is a series of 125 kHz and 13.56 MHz RFID card readers according to ATEX II 2 G/Ex db IIC T6 Gb and ATEX II 2 D/Ex tb IIIC T85°C IP66 standard.
These ATEX readers are explosion proof RFID card readers and can be used for example in tank terminal areas or any other area which has ATEX classified zones.
The ATEX reader range consists of an ATEX rated heavy duty aluminum epoxy coated casting with a chemical resistant viewing window and can be equipped with a reader for MIFARE® and NFC UID, MIFARE® R/W, EM4200/Atmel 5577 or HID Prox® 26-37 bit and offers a wide selection of data interfaces.
Multitude of technologies supported
The ATEX readers can support a large number of different RFID types on both 125 kHz and 13.56 MHz, including all major RFID technologies such as EM4200/Atmel 5577, NFC, Mifare Classic and DESFire, and HID Prox.
The data can be outputted in a multitude of different formats, most of them user-selectable. These interfaces include several Wiegand and Clock/data formats as well as RS232 or TTL. Even RS485 is available for easy integration in existing automation networks.
NFC for the highest security standard
When a higher security standard is needed for the data transmission, NFC offers the optimal solution. Available for Mifare NFC (ATEX-MF), these readers are the best solution around to make NFC applications available in hazardous areas.
- Dimensions: reader: 160 x 131 x 160 (additional screw connection)
- Weight : 2140 g
- Frequency : 125 kHz or 13.56 MHz
- Supported transponders :
- MIFARE® UID
- NFC UID
- MIFARE® R/W
- EM4200/Atmel 5577
- HID Prox® 26-37bit
- Interface: user-selectable
- Wiegand (several bit lengths)
- Clock/Data (several formats)
- RS485 (requires special reader version)
- Power supply: 5 – 13.6V DC, 80 – 100 mA
- Integrated buzzer and 3 LED’s (controllable via cable)
- Temperature range: -31°C to +60°C
- Humidity : 10 – 95 %
- Protection rating : IP66
- Certifications : ATEX II 2 G/Ex db IIC T6 Gb and ATEX II 2 D/Ex tb IIIC T85°C IP66 standard